Phasor approach is powerful technique for visualization and analysis of lifetime
and spectral images. The spectra are mapped into a 2D plot according to their emission
maximum and spectral widths. Unmixing, segmentation and visualisation becomes easier.
What is the spectral unmixing?
• The spectral unmixing is a method which calculates the
spatial distribution of different components in the image and their fractions of
total intensity based on their spectra. it can also provides the spectra for pure
What is needed for spectral unmixing?
• Mostly, separate reference measurement are needed which
is to record the spectra of the components that we guess are present in the image
that we want to unmix.
What is the blind unmixing?
• In many cases recording the reference spectra is not possible
and the unmixing needs to be performed without reference measurement. This is called
blind unmixing. PCA,NMF and spectral phasor (SPA) can perform blind unmixing with
less priori information.
What is the global analysis?
• In global analysis we assume that the spectra are invariant
in whole image and only the fractions of each component changes from pixel to pixel.
PCA,NMF and SPA are global algorithms.
What is this method for?
• This is a phasor based method for unmixing of spectral images
and their fractional intensities.
What can it do?
• It provides a graphical view of spectral images. The spectra
from pixels are transformed into a 2D plot called phasor plot according to their
• Unmixing of two and three components in a semi-Blind way
• Segmentation of unlimited number of components is possible
by reciprocal transformation from phasor plot to image..
What can't it do?
• So far the unmixing is limited to three components.
Do you still have a question? Submit your question at form below and get your answer
Your name :
Your email :
Spechron is a place for interacting and sharing the ideas and experiences in Bio-Imaging.If
you have any idea that can be turned into a ImageJ Plugin and you would like to
share it with other scientists, contact us.
We help you to generate the code and we publish it in a dedicated page under your
© Copyright Spechron 2013 . Designed by Hot